Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Thursday 20 October 2011

Queen of Shove and Bung

It doesn't relate to the blog in anyway but I took this picture!

Normal service resumes today. Having not had real access to my studio for the last couple of months I have  enjoyed indulging my OCD tendencies and sorting it out. For someone as tidy as me I have to confess that I am a terrible 'shove and bunger'. When I have to make the studio presentable I will shove and bung everything out of sight.
People come in the studio and praise it's orderliness if only they knew what lurked beneath the purpose made curtains.
I like to hide all the rubbish although today I thought I'd mostly throw it all away. So two giant bin bags later and order is reigning supreme in the studio.
This isn't as straightforward as it sounds, all artists (most of the ones I know anyway) are notoriously bad at throwing things away. There is this weird perceived value in virtually everything. It probably could be put to some use in some way in something.
I've mentioned before that I have a studio at home that I am dismantling, imagine the stuff that I am finding there. Loads of really useful stuff or not.
Now I have no excuse not to get on and start doing some printmaking as the level of tidiness is at an all time high.
The gallery has been quite quiet today, the sun is out but there is a definite chill in the air. I hope that it gets nice and busy next week during half term. I'll be in Wales but my good friend Shirley will be running the gallery in my absence.
So please pop in and say hello if you are in Swanage next week.
If you are an animal lover I have to let you know that the current exhibition features an actual menagerie. There's everything from gulls, to penguins to crocodiles and for all you dog lovers out there, there's plenty of them too.
Bring your kids they will love it.
I have got the day off tomorrow as I need to get ready for my holiday so Liz Hatcher will be holding the fort. She is actually part of the exhibition, so if you are planning to visit tomorrow she will be able to tell you all about the work on display. That should be worth popping in for.

No comments:

Post a Comment