Attention to detail.
Why is it important?
It is such a common oversight, but the truth is that it's the one thing you should not over look when preparing for an Open Studio.
- If you are getting work out hat has been stored don't forget to give it a dust.
- Check for smudgy fingerprints.
- Make sure your corners are all intact, storage can be cruel on corners.
- Business cards, people love to leave with something if not a purchase. An artist statement can also be useful to help people to understand your work. Keep it short and simple.
- If you are selling small things, cards etc make sure you have a float. If making bigger sales how are you going to accept payment?
- Make sure everything is clearly priced.
- When displaying work, remember less is more.
- Have a visitors book and encourage people to leave their email addresses so that you can make sure that you can invite them to future exhibitions of your work.
- If you are showing near another open studio then tell your visitors about it. Help spread the word.
- Remember hosts etiquette, visitors have come to see the work. A warm welcome and then let them look. There's plenty of time to chat if they start the conversation or before they leave.