Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Friday 6 April 2012

Not So Good Friday!

If this weekend is all about Hot Cross Buns I am all about Cold Quite Angry Puns!
Well I am open and the sun is out and I have had one person through the door. It is definitely one of the most difficult things to get a handle on as business owner. You think so long and hard about when you should be open and when you should be closed. The reality is it is like a lucky dip. Just when you think that you have got it all figured out and you open nobody comes through door. I have told you before how often people tell me that every time they come to see the gallery I am not open.
When is this bewitching gallery visiting hour of which they speak? I am open five days a week until 5pm. Only shut on Wednesdays and Sundays. Wendy found to her peril that opening on a Sunday is a fools errand. It makes no difference how busy the town is no one is walking up the High Street when nothing else is open up here.
I am also not a fan of my friends who are all enjoying the day off coming into the gallery regaling me with tales of sunny afternoons spent at the very picturesque Square and Compass pub. I don't feel the need to go the pub but I would quite like not be at work.
Jan Dagley is having her private view tomorrow afternoon. It should be good. She's had plenty of visitors to this show already and one sale. Let's hope that carries on.
I hope that you have great plans for this long weekend. I will be working for the majority of it so if you are in Swanage please do drop in and say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment