Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Being Weird Is Part of My Art! Ok?


Do you think that there might be a problem? When I am driving along the motorway and I see roadkill and firstly, I think how horrible but secondly I think that I could make something beautiful from them. It's ok the question was rhetorical, I know I am weird but that's ok because I am an artist.
I might be late but at least I am here. My work is coming back from the framers thick and fast. I am starting to get an idea of what the whole think is going to look out.
If you don't like looking at dead birds then don't worry there is plenty of other pretty things to look at.

I have been researching all kinds of things in preparation for my exhibition. This is so that I can correctly title my work. Whilst doing so I now realise I suffer from a great deal of 'manias'.
Clinomania - excessive desire to stay in bed, is the one I have to battle most with on a daily basis. If I am alone with that particular one I will eat my pillow. There are several more that I will drip feed you. It is crazy what people become obsessed by.

Still time to come and see the current exhibition, don't mind the moodswinging weather. This morning I woke up to the most glorious sunshine and blue skies by the time I got to the gallery it was freezing and a miserable chewing gum grey. Josh's work will definitely brighten up your day, that I can guarantee.
Bring on the double thermal layer, all this talk of Spring is a tad premature I think.




No comments:

Post a Comment