Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Thursday 28 March 2013

Where's It All Going To Go?


Entering the final few hours of my exhibition and it has been eerily quiet today. There was a brief technological break down that meant my iPod dock, printer and computer all had a funny turn at the same time.

In reflection, having this exhibition has been a fantastic experience. I am more than a little concerned about where it is all going to live now. As I have never had so much of my work framed before. Good job I sold quite a bit otherwise I would be covering my entire house with my own work.

What has this exhibition taught me?

  • That people can access my work on many levels.
  • Pretty art sells.
  • Science and Nature are irrevocably linked with art.
  • People definitely prefer the original.
  • No matter how interesting the windows are, people will still stay outside looking in.
  • People can fall in love with a piece of art and feel moved enough to tell you about it.
  • Dead things are beautiful (sometimes)
  • There are the 'Get Its' and the 'Not Get Its' and both are equally valid but one is definitely more annoying than the other.
  • Not looking at my work and proclaiming it to be fantastic does not make me feel good.
  • People in general are generous of spirit.
  • It is hugely inspirational and humbling to sell works that you have made.
  • Lastly, keep your framer sweet because the combination of their work and yours is when the magic happens. (Thanks Chris @ Sansom)
That's all really got to get ready and take it down now. Wish me luck don't forget that the Drawing Open starts on Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment