Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Did I Mention That Brian Rice Has Exhibited at The Tate!

One of my iPad Drawings

Phew another sale! A bit slow on the sales front, more fool the non buyers. It is not often that you get the opportunity to buy the work of an internationally recognised artist on the High Street in Swanage. With prices that start at £75, what's not to like about that?

I cannot believe that so many days have passed since my last missive. I had a few well earned days off at the weekend. Shirley looked after the gallery for me.

I have had a morning of much productivity. I am not sitting around dwelling and belly button gazing metaphorically speaking. There are many ways that I do that on a daily basis, as my regular readers well know that writing my blog is among my top procrastination activities.
NOT TODAY, I have updated the studio website, added all the Paypal buttons, got rid of some of the courses as I have never had anyone interested in them. I am going to generate some invoice/receipts for my workshops. Everything has had a bit of a spruce up. This is all in preparation of a launch of some description of the studio as its own entity.
Watch this space for special offers, promotions and discounts.

There is always something that can be done to generate more interest and business the shame of it is, they generally involve sitting in front of a computer. The less I do of that the better it is for my sanity.

Yesterday, I took part in the drawing event at Lytchett Minster School. I went and drew a dance troupe rehearsing. Wow, now that is what I call challenging. Capturing movement is hard. I hope that you can come to the exhibition in July of the works produced during the PAW Festival. Mine were produced on an iPad. Definitely a great way to capture the gestural nature of movement. Limited edition prints of my drawings will be available during the exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment