Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Are You Back In The Zone?

Not the best picture but these are my new drawings of pigeons.

I am getting back in the zone, I am typing on an ink stained keyboard. Why is that important? Because the fact that there is wet ink about means that I am officially back on my creative path. The Christmas break totally disrupted my flow.
How about you? I am sure that I am not alone in my struggle to be creative after a lull. I have done small projects to keep my hand in but nothing major.

I have neglected my sketchbooks and even my doodle addiction has been going cold turkey. I have kick started myself into activity by setting myself some daily challenges. I know I shouldn't need them but the truth is that the more work that I do the more ideas I have more work. So even the most mundane starting points can produce great new ideas.

I have successes and failures but the main thing is that I am doing. The funny thing is that I can unblock peoples creative channels with little to no effort. I have to get better at practicing what I preach or should I say teach.

Well, since I started writing this I have sold another 2 pictures. That's £320 for the bursary. That is such good news. We have nearly raised £1000 that is not to be sniffed at.

I am excited about the possibility of having another bursary exhibition next year. I would like incorporate an art competition for young people. I think it would be a really nice addition.

I should get back on and work on the new drawings as the exhibitions that I am in are looming.

No comments:

Post a Comment