Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Friday 6 July 2012

Rationing Is Back Only this Time It's The Weather


After the glorious day yesterday I have to say that my optimism was a bit premature. The summer is continuing to disappoint. Instead of joining my friends in the pub last night I went home and played in my jungle that sometimes doubles as my garden.
I hacked my way through to create a path that once lay hidden by the overly fertile weeds that this wet weather is enabling to grow at an alarming rate.
I just needed a few more days like yesterday to get it under control. I bet there are many gardeners out there who feel my pain.
The obvious outcome from this weather is that the gallery continues to be quiet. You might think I am weather obsessed but as a business owner it is disastrous when the weather does not play ball.
What is it about petty minded people that makes me want to poke them in the eye? Oh yeah their petty mindedness.
Some people would do well to remember what their mum used to say 'If you haven't got something nice to say then don't say anything at all!'.
I would be eternally grateful if they all practiced this as freely as possible.
We all know people like this so maybe we could get them all to think before they speak! Or just to shut up.
On a more positive note, I am going to be working with the Rock a Hula Club to get another market event off the ground. This is going to be an evening market with a band, DJs, food, stalls and possibly even haircuts.
If you are creative and make anything that could safely sell for under £50 then get in touch. The event will be called Rock the Kasbah! It will take place on Friday 17th August from 8.00 - 12.00pm.
You know how to contact me here's my email just in case you don't lartishegallery@mail.com.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Last day of Vic Smith and Brian Smithies exhibition tomorrow, if you haven't seen it then take a trip to Swanage tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment