Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Saturday 28 September 2013

I Am Looking Forward to 2014!

Stephen Bishop

I am hoping to make the whole experience of my blog richer and a little more interactive in 2014. I hope that I can keep my audience for long enough to make it that far.

It has been a fairly quiet week at the gallery which is quite surprising as it has been really busy. I have no idea what to blame so I'm going to play it safe with the weather.

I think I mentioned the other day that I am entering my analysis stage of the year. This is looking at what I can do better and how I can provide more value for money in terms of bookings. I am hoping that people will like the changes.

I am going have virtual gallery online that you will be able to 'walk' round and hopefully make purchases. This will parallel the exhibition that will be on at the gallery at the time. I know how to give myself a lot more work.

 Now I have a gallery assistant I am hoping that she will be helping me out with some of the behind the scenes activities. I am not sure whether I have mentioned this in my blog, but I am pleased to announce that I now have a member of staff Shirley Walker. Her official title is 'Gallery Assistant', she has already proved to be an invaluable member of the team. Her ability to brainstorm ideas with me is just what I need. I new set of eyes to cast over my increasingly ambitious ideas.

In the future, if you come to the gallery and I am not there please don't be afraid to ask Shirley any questions. She is fully briefed on what is going at the gallery and she should be able to answer your enquiry.

I have set a date for my Open Studio Printmaking Day I am planning to it on Tuesday 5th November. I will be opening the Studio for people to come and print an old etching plate that they have kicking around. Please do contact me if you are interested as the places will be limited.

Also just to mention that 2014 is now fully booked, I am taking bookings for 2015.


2 comments:

  1. I think it would be a great idea to have a virtual gallery on line. I do not live in the UK but like to keep abreast of what is happening in the Purbeck area. I was in Swanage a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately the gallery was closed as it was a Sunday. Good luck with everything with the gallery and workshop and perhaps will be able to pop in the next time I am in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carmel, always nice to get some feedback. Watch this blog if you can as I will publish the link to the virtual gallery on here in due course. I hope that you do pop in and say 'hi' next time you are in the area.

    ReplyDelete