Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Tuesday 1 July 2014

A Mini Review of John Gooch's Exhibition.

John Gooch

I have just taken delivery of my next exhibition at the gallery and let's just say it is really vibrant and colourful. It says 'summer' in every single picture. I hope that it goes down well as Nicola who paints them is lovely and her work is too.

Don't worry there will be some sneaky peeks coming soon.

There are still a few days to catch John Gooch if you are interested. I think you should be as the work is  really good. Let me think of some better adjectives. An eight line review to follow.

John Gooch combines 'plein air' with studio work to produce deeply contemplative paintings. Visitors to his exhibition have said that he is an excellent 'colourist'. I agree, but for me it his brush work that captivates me. There is something reminiscent of impressionism, pointillism and fauvism. Just a nod to them all really. His bold brush work creates luminosity in some images and brooding menace in others.
My personal favourites are three little studies. I have sold one of them. It is a clever painter that can paint a small yet powerful image.
It is quite a heady experience when you walk into the gallery and mingled with the smell of the sea is that of oil paint. A thoughtful exhibition with sufficient variety of imagery to please the most discerning visitors.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnGoochPainting/photos_stream

If you would like to take a further look at his work then check out his photos on Facebook. I have included the link to make it easier.

More importantly you don't have to take my word for it you can come and see it for yourself before it finishes on Saturday at 5.00.

I had a few takers for the idea of the guest blog so let's just see if they live up to their side of the bargain. I hope so. It is still not too late to get involved, you know how to get in touch.

There are days when you do and there are days when you don't and today is sadly a don't day. That just means that my admin cup runneth over. No time for my own work. I best get on with it other wise it will run into tomorrow and that I cannot have.

No comments:

Post a Comment