Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Back To Life, Back To Reality!

'There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen.'

Ok, so I've womanhandled the Christmas Tree back into it's box. Considering the care I took decorating it, I was once again the queen of grab, shove and bung when it came to dismantling it. I'm guessing my patience levels may have taken a post festive season dip. Would I be right in surmising that, that would be me and everyone else who had their first day back at work today. A longer break after Christmas would be great wouldn't it?
Things you need to know about the gallery. The opening times have changed for the next two months, this is due to the fact that Swanage will now go into hibernation until February half term. I will only be opening from 12-4 everyday except Sunday and Wednesday. Which is apparently a word that I cannot spell. 4 attempts later and I managed it.
I will also be closed from the 14th January until the 28th January. I will be working hard to do all the refurb bits and pieces that I want to get done before the grand reopening.
If my blogs start to get a bit heavily ladened with comments about how much painting a person can do. You'll know why.
I have been writing the most extensive lists and they are starting to make me nervous. It got me through 2011 and I am hoping that it will get me through 2012. I have resolved not to make any resolutions, at least not make them publicly known. I can pat myself on the back if I achieve them but if I don't I won't have to face the look of disappointment from all the people I told.
I believe that 2012 is everybody's time to shine. Anything is possible, if you work hard enough at it.
I really hope to see some more of you through the door in 2012. There are some really good exhibitions lined up.
Be creative, or else!!

No comments:

Post a Comment