Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Tuesday 16 October 2012

It's A Stitch Up @ The Gallery

Mark Lloyd

Another busy day at the gallery with groups of textiles enthusiasts coming along to see this show. It is great to know that this exhibition is being so well received.
If you haven't seen it why not? It's not like I haven't invited you along at every available opportunity. What are you waiting for? If you are thinking that textiles are not your thing then come on and challenge that perception. You owe it to your cultural well being to to explore new things.
I probably should have been doing one thing but today I've mostly been doing the other thing. That is I am cracking on with making some new art. I am undecided about whether it is any good but you should know that I am always like that about any new work that I produce. I have a loathe/hate relationship with it. I am sure all artists are the same. I like to hide it away from myself until enough time has passed and then I'll get it out again and try and make some kind of decision about whether I like it or not.
What is interesting is that I am a perfectionist when it comes to my own work and the techniques I am currently using take most of the control away from me. I'll have to wait until March to see what the public at large think.
Now I think about it, I am not sure that I want to be at the gallery for the entire three weeks whilst my show is on. I may well have to plan to have some time off.
The picture by Mark Lloyd is one of his new drawings, just trying to whet your appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment