Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Tuesday 2 October 2012

The End Is In An Hour

Pablo Picasso

I have had a great morning hanging out with the textile artist Yvonne Morton. It is always lovely to meet new people especially when they are on exactly the same page as you. We laughed a lot and she showed me her work and then I showed her mine. We had a little mutual admiration going on. I am not a textiles aficianado but I do know what I like. I am very glad to report that not only do I like her work but I am really pleased with the overall selection I have from all six artists.
We discussed our obsession with art equipment, I cannot walk past an art shop without going in to 'perv' on all the things that I do not need but still want. If I had to guess, I would say that 90% of all artists are like that.
So the day has come for the show that has been brilliant to come down. Josh and I are obsessing about the weather as we have to get these mammoth images back out of the gallery and safely back to where they live.
It has been refreshing to get the feedback from people about the work. Is 'impactful' a word? The dotted red line underneath it tells me it isn't but as you know I love to invent new words. That would be the best one to describe what this exhibition has been.
The other would be a product 'marmite'. I strongly believe that if art is doing it's job then it is perfectly valid for it to be like 'marmite'. You either love it or you hate it. There is no 'like' in the equation. Luckily the people who have crossed the threshold have been of the ' loving it' variety.
So I am off for a couple of days, getting  ready for the next exhibition. I have to go to the mainland for the PV stuff.
I also need a haircut it has been 7 months since my last one and my hair is looking particularly rubbish at the moment.
Be back blogging on Friday so have a good week!
I just wanted to share this one last thought with you. I have essentially written a books worth of blogs, is it just me or is that just a little bit impressive?

No comments:

Post a Comment