Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Thursday 11 October 2012

Textile Art At It's Very Best!

Stole this from Jane Colquhoun but it's a great picture of the current exhibition.

The positive feedback just keeps coming for this current exhibition. I had no idea that there were so many people that were into textiles. I felt it was an unsung hero hence the exhibition. People are coming in and staring long and hard at each individual piece and discussing how it could have been made. I am glad that the artists gave me comprehensive descriptions so that I don't have to do too much explaining.
I managed to do something that I have never managed to do before today. That is I managed to break my phone. I have told you before about my excessive reliance on gadgets and technology. Well, I can virtually run the majority of aspects of the gallery via my phone other than physically opening it and sitting there door watching.
Just a moments clumsiness and I shattered the screen. Oh well, I'll get it fixed and that will be that.
I bet you cannot guess what is keeping people from visiting the gallery today.
I'll leave it you to work it out.
I taught a very successful lesson this morning, my students produced some fine prints. It's very satisfying when show someone how to do something and then they run with it.
I am expanding my remit at the gallery and I have to say that I am very excited about it. I will be working towards getting artists into other galleries up and down the country.
Whilst continuing to try and get people to exhibit with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment