Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Saturday 2 November 2013

About Michael Griffiths - A Member of Group 7

Michael Griffiths


The French sociologist Pierre Bourdieu used the term ‘Habitus’ to describe a system of dispositions; schemes of perception, thought and actions, tastes and preferences which define the individual. It is the observation of such characteristics and the way in which we as individuals relate to each other and to the world around us that informs my work. The content of these drawings is generated as abstract imagery but the forms and language of mark-making that develop are intended to be analogies for human dispositions and interaction. In short, people-watching can be illuminating and fun, or even shocking or nasty, depending on what they are doing; but whatever they are doing tends to reveal something of the human condition and it is that that interests me and informs my work. I use drawing to pose questions, to explore possibilities and to make thinking visible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment