Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Busy Doing Nothing!


It's been a long time since I spent the day thinking about drawing and considering it was my day off. I think my creative fire is well and truly lit. Can't wait to go to the gallery and do some more drawing and painting. I was hoping to see some art today but I think I was looking in all the wrong places. I'm sure it was there but it wasn't obvious.
I had to satisfy myself by just taking in the scenery and enjoying the persistent drizzle. I now have five takers for the Abstract show in June. It will be just after Purbeck Arts Week so there will be a good arty vibe already in place.
I would welcome some printmakers and painters so if you are one, you know one or you live next door to one let them know about the Abstract Open Exhibition at L'Artishe Gallery.
I have a feeling that Saturday is going to be full on hectic as it would seem that quite a few people are descending on Swanage and the gallery at the weekend.
I hope that they like what they see.
I'm trying to think about what I can do for Comic Relief as I want to do something at the gallery. If you can think of something that I can do let me know.

2 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmmmM! mmmmmmmM! (That's me fink'in).
    1)Thought of 'Paint the Curb', don't think they'd allow you to do that in Swanage.
    2)Pawfect Art, people/kids could, for a donation, bring in a work of art by a pet. I suppose it would mostly be a dog.(Can't see a hamster do'in much). For showing. At the end of the day you could auction the paintings, just for fun. Still raising money.
    3)Or, a plain old Wacky Hat day. People/Kids would say, pay a fee to wear a hat, they'd made, again at the end of the day, have a best hat, silliest hat, funniest hat. Again raising money.
    I suppose space is an issue here....!
    Difficult one.......Can l go back to bed now... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Willie as always you bring a smile to my face and a few ideas that might work!
    :))))))

    ReplyDelete