Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Thursday 3 February 2011

I'm Late, I'm Late.................

It's kinda what happened!
How is it when you get up early you somehow manage to be late? I think you totally get a little laid back and think you have all the time in the world when in actual fact you have approximately 17 minutes more than usual. This is how I came to be at the gallery at 9.59 with the taste of toothpaste still fresh in my mouth. Admittedly my cat Merlin came in to say 'mornin' and managed to be sick five times in five minutes and that took about 16 of my 17 minutes to clear up. Charming.
I had a busy day with a few visitors and a few friends coming over. Lisa came to do some printing and Ian came to utilise my special CV pimping skills. It was fun to hang out with him and rewrite his CV a million times. I hope that he is happy with the end result.
My friends Mum came to see me at the gallery today all the way from Canada. No, she didn't make a specific journey from Canada just Bournemouth. We wiled away a pleasant hour talking about art, artists and political incorrectness/correctness. She told us an hilarious story which due to it's politically incorrect nature I can't really write it here. But if you know me and are reading this remind me to tell you. It made us all giggle or should I say snigger! It was lovely to meet Orlene, I apologise for any misspelling.
I had some exciting deliveries today, well they say everything is relative and this is no different. I got a new print display stand so that I can show other two dimensional work that isn't framed. I also got a heron skull which is beautiful and macabre at the same time. Probably the least interesting is the sepia ink cartridges, but rest assured I will make beautiful drawings with them.

This is similar but not as delicate as mine.
I am all ready to do some printing tomorrow and I think Lisa is going to be doing some as well. I am hoping for a productive day as I really need to crack on and get some work ready for this solo exhibition of mine.
Opening on Saturday if you fancy a day trip to Swanage this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment