Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Thursday 17 February 2011

Who Would Have Thought Receiving A Bill Could Make Me Happy?


I'm sure that you are all dying to know about my ongoing electricity bill saga? Aren't you? I know you lie awake thinking 'when is she going to give us an update?'. Don't deny it you are genuinely interested! How a bill for £599 can be incurred in just two short months? Well, the wait is over you can all go to bed safe in the knowledge that I received my revised bill this morning. Far from causing a stroke or a heart attack it made me smile. It has just dawned on me that there could well have been some reverse psychology going on. Firstly, they send you a bill that is so way beyond stupid that you may as well close up shop and become a road sweeper. That is after you have fully recovered from the stroke/heart attack. Secondly, they make you take part in a series of inane conversations which all end with the sentence 'you should just pay it and if it's wrong we will reimburse you'. Thirdly, make you wait an inordinate amount of time dreading receiving mail of any description incase it makes you fill your pants with fear (or something far smellier) of owing more than £599. Fourthly, send you a bill for £73.06 for three months worth of electricity that makes you the kind of happy that makes you want to kiss strangers. If this is their four prong approach, I applaud their ingenuity but would caution them against doing this to the elderly or in fact anyone with a heart that can have an attack.
Gallery news is thin on the ground as there have been very few people through the door again. But I have used my time wisely. Watching 4OD. You should totally check out The Big C it's brilliant, a bit dark but brilliant.
I have actually been working on my first proper drawing that I've done in quite some time. Using a pencil and everything, you've gotta love the old school.
I really want to be teaching people how to do stuff and I am dying to break my workshop virginity. So could someone please book in and let me take you on a wonderful, exciting creative journey that you will hopefully stay on way past finishing the workshop.
That's all I have to say other than...................
ARTISTS BRING ME YOUR PICTURES OR WHATEVER IT IS YOU DO, OTHERWISE I'LL COME ROUND YOUR HOUSES AND TAKE IT. DO THE RIGHT THING SUPPORT LOCAL CHARITIES AS WELL AS NATIONAL ONES. DON'T MAKE ME ASK YOU AGAIN.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely......Laugh......!
    So glad the Electric Willie has been sorted out. (Hate the word Bill).
    Maybe l'll get some sleep to-night now....!
    'Take us on a wonderful creative journey'
    Where's that then......Wareham.....! :)
    AND, the best way to wear'em in Dorset.....
    Same as you wear'em anywhere else.....! Da! Da!

    ReplyDelete