Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Friday 5 August 2011

Have You Missed Me?

Well, have you? I can only say that I have been so busy that I really haven't had time to write my blog. I was at the gallery for 12 hours yesterday. I took down Maria Jirats' show and then put Mary Jane Evans work straight up. I have been closed for one day which is an all time record. This new show is dynamite! It looks truly awesome in the gallery. I have been told so by the many people who have already been in. It doesn't officially start until tomorrow but if it's all up I may as well be open.
I am looking forward to a nice sit down and doing nothing. I suppose I will get plenty of that when I go on holiday. I would like to thank Shirley Walker for being indispensable yesterday. She helped me unwrap the 100 or so pieces that were lovingly wrapped up like Christmas presents. She is also going to be opening up for me when I am on holiday so if you come expecting to see me and see her instead please say hi.
I have told you before that the artist will be at the gallery on Monday 21st August so if you are keen on ceramics and fancy a chat about the work then that would be a good time to come in.
I have to talk to you about the horror of window smudgers who are trying to spot the 'What's Not My Line?' object. The windows have taken a an extreme amount of smudging over the past week. I'm out there daily with my Windolene and microfibre cloths giving them a once over.
The amount of people who ask me if I am the artist is amazing. They all seem a little disappointed when I inform them that it isn't me. The next thing they ask is where's your work? It's not as if they don't have enough to look at already. The gallery is crammed with beautiful work and they keep going all Oliver Twist on me.
For the last time I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to the Private View at 6.30 tomorrow evening. It should be a good one. There's going to be Pimms and nibbles so if you fancy a nice start to the last night of Swanage Carnival I could not possibly suggest a better one. You would also be able to catch the fireworks at 9.45 if you hung around for a little while.
I hope to see you at the gallery very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment