Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Monday 15 August 2011

Time For My Holiday!!!!

I started writing a blog on Saturday but what with one thing and another I did not get around to posting it. You can sit around all day doing admin and making sure that all the bills are paid and then suddenly realise that there are still a whole heap of things you haven't even thought about doing. Then go on to forget the ones that you have.
It has been an interesting time of late. I have three friends who have all been diagnosed with cancer within the last three weeks. It is a very trying time for them and their families. My thoughts are with them at this difficult time. I hope that they all make a speedy recovery.
I am very much looking forward to my holiday. I feel like this one that I actually deserve. I have worked solidly for a year getting the gallery off the ground and I think that I have done a fairly good job. I still can't quite believe that I have done it.
I know that I have been very fortunate to have had such an easy transition from redundancy to full time employment. I know for others it has not been so easy. I worry about the fact that there are some great people who just want a full time job and cannot find one. I am talking about qualified people, if they can't find work what hope is there for young people with no experience.
I am starting to get submissions for the Colour Open Exhibition which is always exciting. I hope that if you are reading this and thinking about submitting a piece that you get on and do it.
It makes sense that I am going to take a holiday from blog as I won't be at the gallery. I'm sure that things will happen that I will fill you in on when I get back.
Remember that the artist (Mary Jane Evans) will be manning the gallery on Monday 22nd August so that would be a really good time to visit the show if you wanted to find out more about the work on display.

I hope that you all have a very good week while I am away and that the sun which has been suspiciously erratic makes some day long appearances for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment