Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Saturday 10 March 2012

I Managed To Open Anyway!


Well I had every intention of not coming to work today. Especially as I felt a little fragile this morning. I went out with the full contingent of Friday Club for my birthday drinks. I went out with £20 and came home with £18. I have no concept of what I spent £2 on.
I had a nice lie in and bacon sarnie and managed to struggle down and open up.
I thought I may as well sit and be gormless at the gallery, I just changed locations.
I thought that I was going to be worse than useless but I actually wrote my new terms and conditions. Wow, the exhibitors are going to be shocked as I am tightening the rules. I have been very laid back and have been quite generous with my time. But it has come to my attention that the more you do for free the more people expect FOR FREE.
There seems to be a form of insanity, where people think that I can do excessive amounts of work for absolutely nothing. I am guessing that  they would not be willing to work for free so why do they expect me to.
Anyway, I am going to close the gallery now as my good intentions have resulted in 3 solitary people through the doors.
Enjoy the Spring sun and the rest of your weekend! My birthday tomorrow so I shall be celebrating it in a much more refined way with a nice lunch with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment