Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Monday 12 March 2012

The Sounds of Sirens!

Sirens Vs Seagulls

I woke up this morning to the sound of seagulls and sirens. What a weird soundtrack to a Monday morning. I have no idea why there were so may sirens the seagulls on the other hand are self explanatory as I live at the seaside.
I feel surprisingly chipper today, considering my many friends tried to ensure that would not be the case. I've scrubbed, polished, swept and hoovered at the gallery. So it is all looking nice and clean. If I had a pound for every time someone said 'you should get a window cleaner to do your windows' I could afford to get a window cleaner to do my windows. Fact!
We are entering the last days of the current exhibition and then it's going to be Wendy Lalla Warehams turn.
She is such an interesting person that has lead a truly inspirational life. It is a great honour to be hosting a retrospective of her work.
She has written poems that can be taken away from the gallery for a donation to the Marie Curie Daffodil appeal.
I have a donation box and plenty of daffodils left so I'm hoping to raise some serious money for a really good cause.
What else can I tell you? I can't really think of any gallery related news other than I updated my website today to include my terms and conditions. They are a right riveting read to use alliteration.
Well the internet just went down and now it's back up. It's never dull on a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment