Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Friday 9 March 2012

What A Stitch Up!

I may well have broken the back of my eternal list of things to do. It has taken me all week but I think I have finally completed it. In light of it being my birthday weekend the next list will not be started until Monday 12th March.
I have sent invoices, emails, press releases and anything else that has required sending. Including sending myself nearly round the bend with me stupid workload.
I was determined to spend today doing my own work but it has gone 2.00 and if I had any plans of printing today they are filed in the 'never gonna happen' box which lives at the gallery.
I am pleased to announce that the textiles show is a definite go. I have got same great textile artists lined up including a new kid on the block who is just at the start of her professional career Eleanor Cartwright.
I have also got Yvonne Morton, Justin Smith and Jenni Cadman in that exhibition. They are at the cutting edge of textile art so I am really pleased to have secured them for this exhibition.

Jenni Cadman

Yvonne Morton

I like to support the youngsters as I was one once. I remember only too well lugging my portfolio to galleries in the vain hope that they would think my work was good enough to grace their walls. It can be so soul destroying.
I relish my new position of being able to guide, support and promote these artists. How the tables have turned.
If you are reading this and thinking I wonder if I would put  your work in the gallery. The answer is you have to be in it to win it. Come and see me and if I can help you in any way at all I will.
I would also like to mention that Mark Lloyd will be having an exhibition in October. If you like urban contemporary art then you should definitely come and check him out. He's got work in the gallery right now so see it before it goes.
The current show will be ending on Wednesday!
http://lloyd-fineart.com/
I hope that you have a great weekend I know that I intend to.

No comments:

Post a Comment