Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Thursday 17 March 2011

A Double Whammy


Ok, I'll admit it I have a bee in my beret. (I thought that that sounded more artistic than my bonnet). I am committed to doing something other than donating a paltry amount of cash that I can afford. I hope that you will be too. I have had another person donate their work which means that we are up to five donations now, thanks Wendy Wharam. Now it's time for the rest of you to do something. I have put this as many places as I can feasibly put it and I will be getting posters made at my own expense as I believe in this cause. Unless I can magic up someone with printing facilities that may want to help for free. Hint, hint!!
I will keep bugging everyone until I have enough work to do this.

Other news, I had a very productive day at the Natural History Museum yesterday. Did some drawings, went on a behind the scenes tour of the pickled exhibits. I strongly recommend that. I am going to contact them to see if I can spend the day drawing some of their bird collection as it is vast.
I met Dave Taylor today from Rockahula, he is the guy behind all the Comedy Festival events that are going to be happening very soon. I understand that there are still some tickets left for at least one of the shows so if you are interested you should check out his web We had an interesting chat and I hope that we will be able to work together in the future to bring you some bespoke evening events. So if you are local to Swanage keep your ears open.

I have had some early interest in the text/words/type show which I now have a working title for. I think I'm going to call it 'For Letter Words'. I am going to get working on a poster and publicity for that very soon. The 'Abstract' show is definitely going ahead in June. I will need all entires for that at the end of May. You can drop them it the gallery whenever you are ready.

               DONATIONS OF ART WORK WOULD BE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED

No comments:

Post a Comment