Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Update!

I apologise for no blog yesterday but I did my first twelve hour day in ages in terms of being busy I was out from 7am until 8pm and there was no way I could have written anything vaguely intelligible.
It was interesting to go back into the old work place yesterday. There is still an atmosphere of oppression in as much as people seem to be over stretched and under appreciated. Same old, same old! It did however remind me how much I love teaching. It is one of the best jobs in the world, seriously, it's all the other inconsistencies that make it a rubbish job. Poor management, too much paperwork, lack of resources, no support to name but a few things. That said, it was good to see that despite everything the staff are getting students to produce work of a good standard and I look forward to hosting the 'Create' exhibition at the end of the month.
I have redirected some finances to advertising the gallery and I am now trying to suss out exactly where to spend it. I am going to try and get as much exposure as I can before the Summer. Anyone who has any creative ideas as far as advertising goes please feel free to get in touch!

I have spoken in previous blogs about the fact that I'm planning a retrospective show of my own work, this meant that today I was up in the loft getting all my old work down. It is a bit like seeing a long lost friend. You forget what you've done with them but as soon as you see them memories come flooding back. There's definitely enough work for the show but there are a few bits that are going to need a little TLC to bring them back up to their former glory.
It was also a voyage of discovery of another kind, there are lots of books that I made which now I have the skills to book bind I am going to work on represent them. Who would have thought it, that now I have days on end to produce my own work I'm concerned that there is so much to do and so little time?
I find myself wondering how did I ever hold down a full time job that stopped me from being so productive and creative?
One word ABSTRACT! You know what I mean I have now got eight people signed up. Please get in touch if you are even remotely interested. Before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment