Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Thursday 19 May 2011

Big Drill, No Thrill!


You all know that a day off is a precious thing, an opportunity to recharge frazzled batteries and time to put things in perspective. Which is why the weekend is a sacred thing and should under no circumstances be wasted. Owning the gallery has meant that I have to sacrifice my Saturday and replace it with a Wednesday. Imagine my horror yesterday morning at 7.45 am when Wessex Water started digging up the pavement right outside my bedroom window. To say I was unimpressed would be an understatement. It wouldn't happen on a Saturday. I just realized that this is not the first time this has happened, I wrote a blog 'Driller Killer ' just a week ago. I do hope that this is NOT going to become a regular occurrence. That's all I'm going to say about that.
There's always something that needs to be done when a new show goes up. Mainly, fretting about the minutiae and whether or not anything will sell, whether people will attend the Private View, if the work will stay straight or prefer to hang askew to name but a few.
I have been painting today as the scuff marks that seem to want to be present everywhere a painting is hung are an absolute nightmare.
It looks fantastic in the gallery, Jims' work has bought a sense of light into the space that actually makes it look huge. His work is also framed perfectly which just adds to the overall feel of the gallery.
I know I've mentioned it once or twice before but the show starts on Saturday and there will be two events that you might like to attend. The first one is a talk on Thursday 26th May starting at 6.00 until 8.00. The second one will take place on Saturday 28th May from 6.00 - 8.00. I know I always say it but you really should check this exhibition out as it looks stunning.
I am technically not open today but as I returned from doing my choredom I saw two guys doing a very good impression of 'window smudgers'. I invited them in to have a sneak preview and had a lovely chat with them. They are both painters and I hope that they visit again soon.
It looks like it could be an early bath for me today as I have finished all the tweaking that needed to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment