Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Thursday 25 November 2010

Daydream Believer


Ok so I spent the best part of this morning dealing with words. I have been designing my invitations and also the labels for the artwork. It's not that I hate doing this kind of thing it's more that I would normally do these kind of things freehand. So using technology causes me a headache as it seldom does what I feel it should. I want it to understand exactly what I want by osmosis through my fingertips into the keyboard. I want it to intuitively know what I'm thinking and preempt my every wish and need. But alas this is not the case. I am clunky and lack the grace and skill of a seasoned designer. I am however, persevering and I am fairly happy with the results. Now I have to get them printed onto something that isn't paper.
I have had some positive feedback about the website, so it would seem that things are finally heading in the right direction. For every 5 things that I do at least 3 of them end up not quite how I imagined or planned. Those odds are hard when you are borderline OCD with perfectionist tendencies. Apparently Pisceans, which I am, often suffer from unrealistic ideas and suffer disproportionate amounts of disappointment when their unrealistic ideas fail to meet expectations.
I am the original 'Daydream Believer', I think that I am ultimately happier this way.
Writing my blog was a welcome distraction from what I actually need to get on with so I best get on with my 'choredom'.

No comments:

Post a Comment