Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Tuesday 12 April 2011

The Answer My Friend Is Blowing In The Wind!


Why is it that when the sun shines you end up seeing all the grimy, dirty things that you didn't notice in the gloom of winter? Before you all rush to answer because it's bright and things show up more......I mean why do I have to notice it? Whilst I like to indulge my OCD tendencies there are times when lethargy becomes me. Today is one of those days. But I had to fight it and spent the best part of this morning on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor.
I must tell you about my obscene phone call. For those of you who are my friends on Facebook I apologize for the repetition.
A guy called here at about 3.50 yesterday afternoon and asked if he could hire a bike. I dutifully explained that Bikeabout had ceased trading. He followed up his initial request with 'he would settle for  (I'm trying to think how to put this without being too offensive) oral relief? Needless to say I hung up. The bare faced cheek of the man. You can't exactly ride round the Purbeck countryside on a b.j. If you know how this could be achieved, feel free to let me know, so that if he rings again I can advise him accordingly.

I have some more takers for the Abstract show so if you are even sort of thinking about entering a piece now is the time as when the space is gone it is gone.
I would like to take this opportunity to invite you all to come to the gallery to see the current show. Take advantage of the weather and take in some very interesting art at the same time. It would be lovely to see you.
I should let you know that my opening times are changing as of today. I will be open from 11.00 - 5.00.

Day off tomorrow so I'm hoping that the lousy weather forecast is spectacularly wrong and the sun does indeed shine.

1 comment:

  1. Had to laugh..........
    If that silly man phones again.....Tell him to blow on his tyres......! :)
    And, you know how to hire a bike.....Same as the donkeys on the beach.........There's a little screw underneath......You just turn it clock-wise.......! :0).
    Have a nice day off.....But, it's gonna rain....
    My seaweed is a little damp....ooooops!

    ReplyDelete