Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Tuesday 7 October 2014

About Tamlyn Blasdale - Holmes


Now that's what I call blogcation! It's nearly been a month since I last wrote my blog. I don't know why I am so busy all the time. I think the fact that I am busy getting on with my own work has meant that the writing has had to take a backseat.

Today I want to tell you about Tamlyn. He is a self taught artist that has some mad skills when it comes to drawing. He wields the pencil masterfully and the resulting images are breathtaking in their detail and subject matter.
He injects humour and paths into his work and you have to look, look and look again as the images seem to give up a few more secrets each time that you look at them.

Beasts Above The Sea narrates mans wanton destruction both underwater and on the land. His satirical eye captures this theme perfectly.

It is an exhibition that has 'balls' as well as beauty and I know that once you have seen it for yourself you will be telling people about it and thinking about it for a long time.

The artist at work.

He uses nothing more than a mechanical pencil and a fine liner. When you see how he weaves his stories you will find it hard to believe that there isn't the use of computers and some magical replicating device.

Now don't take my word for it come along and see it for yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment