Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Scary Times!





Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

George Bernard Shaw


I'm starting with a quote as that's how my gallery business started today. My Man that Can - Matt Suttle came by with his quote for the renovation work. Luckily for me I did not have a nervous breakdown as it looks like I will be able to eat and keep the roof over my head. Which is a huge relief.
I have started to look at double doors as I will need to replace the ones that are currently there. To say they were shabby would insult any doors that were actually shabby. They are circa 1970 and have the ghosts of a hundred bike stickers that I scraped off on day 1.
I am already losing the will to live as I can't find any that actually will fit. Lights were the next thing  I started to research and to be honest I'm over that too. I have to make a big ceiling decision. Any input would be gratefully received. False ceiling or no false ceiling?
That will determine what lights I can fit. All things considered now is the time that things start to get serious. There are more noughts involved at the end of each transaction. So I guess I'm entering the Trials and Tribulations stage of proceedings.
You know it's getting serious when your Landlord puts a friendly note through the door reminding you that you are now responsible for having new fire extinguishers on the premises. GRRRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAATTT!!!
Tomorrow I will start the last bits of tidying up. But to be honest there's so much to research for the gallery I'm feeling that my NBF - New Best Friend will actually be my laptop.
Back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment