Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Saturday 12 November 2011

When You're Hot You're Hot and When You're Not Etc!!

Sheila Girling
Firstly let me apologize for yesterdays lack of blog. But I started work at 10.00 and left at 6.00 and I had to go out and do some serious celebrating! Not because I had just finished hanging the show but because whilst I was in the midst of mayhem and chaos a couple came in and introduced themselves as Tony and Sheila I have to admit that it took a minute for the penny to drop. You are all probably scratching your heads and wondering where this is going. Some of you will already know as I have told anyone who stands still long enough to listen.
Tony is actually Sir Anthony Caro the world famous sculptor and his wife Sheila is Sheila Girling the world famous painter. It was a life affirming moment, these two art heavy weights were in my gallery. I have sat in lectures when I was at university and heard their work being discussed and they were stood in MY gallery. That was mind blowing in itself! Sheila had been approached about showing her work in my gallery and she came to check it out for herself. They were two very lovely down to earth people not at all pretentious and genuinely interested in what I was doing and the gallery. I was able to just about get over my start struckness (sic) to not be a stammering incoherent fool.
The fantastic news is that she has agreed and will be showing at the gallery in May as part of the Purbeck Arts Weeks Festival.
So if ever there was a time to put a date in your diary today is the day Saturday 26th May 2012.
That cannot be topped but something else good has happened today. Last week I made those two sales and I mentioned that one of the people involved is an artist (Vic Smith). He is a fantastic painter, great large scale nudes. He is going to have a joint exhibition with a 3D artist Brian Smithies. Don't worry I hadn't heard of either of them, but Vic had shown me his work and sent me a link for Brians. He's only worked on some of the biggest films of all time as a 3D character builder has been nominated for two BAFTAs. Harry Potter being the one we all know. So I hope that will be a good exhibition as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment