Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Wednesday 16 October 2013

A Whole Lot of Hanging Going On!

Martyn Brewster


I knew it was going to be a challenge and it was. I am hoping that Group 7 agree with my decisions. I am always keen to get it right and my plan is to sleep on it. I can visualise perfectly what I did in my head. It is very reassuring to be able to call to mind the gallery space in my head. I also think that if I had to I could probably tell you whose work is where.

I don't have a photographic memory I am just good at remembering. It is really helpful that I can do that   as I can go to sleep thinking of it and make a decision to change anything if necessary.

I am still thinking about what I can do next year to bring another angle to the gallery. I have decided that I am going to stock books that have been published by artists. They seem to be popular and it would seem that more artists are getting them produced. The other point to note is that no one in Swanage is doing it.

You know how I hate to have dirty windows well, as people like to drive on the pavement outside the gallery it has now become a regular occurrence. I arrived at the gallery today to find it liberally splashed with lovely muddy puddle water. The fact that I spent an absolute age getting them clean yesterday was a total waste of time. Oh well, you also know that I quite enjoy cleaning. Is it worth a strongly worded letter to the council or a general moan in the local rag?

Tomorrow I just have the price list and the numbering to get done and then I can make a start on the million and one other things that also need my attention. It's funny I envisaged a few days off this week and the truth is that I won't have any. Including my normal day off. Being your own boss has it's rewards but the downsides are also a bit annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment