Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Thursday 2 June 2011

I'll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours.


Well, I regaled you with how much I enjoyed doing the P.A.W tour yesterday and I am still feeling the buzz of seeing so much creativity. I know that artists who work in any field of the arts suffer from creative blocks from time to time. My advice to anyone who is suffering from an artistic creative block is to go and immerse yourself in the work that is being shown. It is both an inspirational and aspirational experience. I have the exact opposite, I feel that there are not enough hours in the day for me to do everything I want to do as well as run the gallery.
As you know I like to make admissions on my blog, revealing my gallery secrets so here's another one. I have had so many people ask me when am I going to show my work in the gallery or what is my work like? That I am growing increasingly concerned about showing anyone. What if it doesn't live up to expectations? I am going to have to bite the bullet at some point but that will mean baring my creative soul. In order to ensure that the work is worthy of showing I suppose I should stop writing my blog and carry on producing the work so there is actually something to show.
I'll add some more later. By the way my stereo has given up the ghost again. Annoyed? Yes I am!
It has been fairly busy today with people doing the PAW tour. I have been busy doing some work putting together a digital sketchbook. It's quite a good thing to do but I fear that I might be a hopeless editor. The proof will be in the reading.
Just in case you are not on my mailing list and rely on my blog to keep you informed I am making the last call for submissions to the Abstract Open. Some of you have sent me images and I have selected potential entries. The time has come to put your money where your art is please.
As I have had so much interest in this particular show from both established artists and some talented new comers I will be opening the studio space up to show work as well. I think this will allow the eclectic nature of an open exhibition room to breathe rather than cramming it all in.
Anyway, I have set myself a creative target to achieve so I'm going to get on and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment