Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Tuesday 19 July 2011

It's Oh So Quiet!

Methinks thou dost protest too much!
All I'm going to say is  'To think I thought yesterday was quiet'. I have had two people through the door today and it is now 2pm. I am convinced that this is the day that I should be closed.
I have spent the morning satisfying my OCD tendencies by transferring all the information that has been scrawled on bits of paper into my diary using an array of different coloured pens. Yes, I am that tragic. I followed that up with a drawing session with my new Bamboo/Wacom stylus for the iPad. It is lovely. It allows you to draw that little bit more accurately but without becoming too precious. I have produced about five drawings that I am quite happy with.
I have discovered an online art newspaper which is quite an interesting read. Click on the link and see what you think.

http://www.artdaily.com/index.asp

I think it's quite interesting and I like to read about what's going on in the art world.
Now, what I would like to find out if any of you have some creative ways to get people to stop hovering outside the open door, yes open door and come through it to look at the art. I am contemplating getting some window decals that say 'come inside, it's free to look'. What do you think?
I definitely get more people through the door when it's open but the hesitance in stepping through it needs to be counteracted.
How about free sweets inside? I would welcome any suggestions and for those of you have given me ideas in the past can I assure you that I have taken them all on board and are now in place.
Day off tomorrow, and I intend to finish deconstructing my studio at home as I no longer need it. The cats already think it is their safe haven. So may as well move all my art equipment down to my work studio.

1 comment:

  1. Thre's always one thing, that makes me go into speciality shops.....Music...!
    But, l seem to remember you say'in you have music.....BUT....Are you play'in the right music..
    Forget DePussy...OffenBark....etc..! :).
    Bit of up market stuff.....Modern....R&B........
    etc...! Not to loud, but make sure you can hear it outside....
    Sweets....You mean you don't have sweets....
    Get some...Jelly Beans etc....Anything chewy.
    Keeps customers quiet....!

    No Charge....! "Nuff Said"..
    AND...Don't go upset'in the pussy-cats....
    Lovely....
    Have Fun.....Think Pink....! :0).

    ReplyDelete