Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Thursday 28 July 2011

Selling Is Good For The Soul/Bank Balance!

This was me earlier!

The story of my day off goes as follows........I did not have one. Here endeth the tale. I had every intention of spending the day participating in one of my many non gallery related hobbies. That was the plan until I sold a painting on Tuesday afternoon. Hooray!!! Not just any painting, my best sale since I opened the gallery. I am very happy about that, as is the artist.
Well as these things go I had to arrange for it to be delivered and hung yesterday hence my day off not really being much of a day off. But who cares because I sold a painting.
I have spent the majority of the day sorting out my 'shove and bung' filing system. I know I have mentioned before that I am an organized person and that is true but there's organization = knowing where everything is. Then there's organization = everything being in its right and proper place. I'm more of the former than the latter. Until today. I have a filing cabinet that is very organized and very tidy it only took me the best part of the day to do.
Owning your own business generates a fair amount of paperwork but thankfully nowhere near as much as teaching.
I hope that those of you who are local enough to visit Swanage are planning to over the week or so as I mentioned before Swanage Carnival gets underway this weekend. Come and hopefully have some fun in the sun by the sea.
My page views have dropped again, apparently there's only so much 'sex' you can look at in a week. I'm not worried. I know I have a faithful and loyal following.
My sister said to me a while ago that she does not phone me as often anymore as she just reads the blog to find out how I'm getting on. I think my Mum does the same.
So here's some news, my neighbour drove into the back of my Mini by accident on Monday. It looks bad and I haven't had time to get a quote I am hoping that the insurers don't want to right it off as I love my little car.
Anyway I've got to go and close the gallery now. Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment