Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Saturday 24 August 2013

Proof That Social Media Works!

I am back from holiday. It was amazing and I can highly recommend the Madives if you are into snorkelling and diving. Saw some amazing things.

I have taken down Jan Dagleys' exhibition and now I have Kim De Beers' exhibition up. It is so refreshing to see someone who is listening very carefully to her inner voice and creating haunting dreamlike images. Never boring at the gallery always out there doing something new trying to find artists who are pushing the boundaries. Come and see this show it starts with the Opening Evening Event tonight at 6.00.

I have spoken so much in the past about the importance self promotion and using all the great social media platforms that are out there to get people looking at your work. It would seem that I can 'lead and artist to an easel but I can't make them paint!'. This free, accessible world is there to be used.

If you are having an exhibition it is up to you to get the word out there. Have a think about your audience and the best way to approach them. How can you get lots of people to your Private View? Inviting them is a good start. You have to speculate to accumulate. Postcards, posters, e - invites Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. To name but a few, these all have slightly different audiences and that means you have the ability to target possible visitors to your exhibition.

Why am I going on about this? Well, in my absence I obviously did not write any blogs and did not use the gallery Facebook page etc. I get an email that tells me how many people have accessed my sites etc. In just 10 days my figures fell by 98%. I'm serious the more you post the more people look. Do not underestimate the power of these tools. I have regular readers of my blog who wonder where I have gone and if I have stopped writing a blog. If I hadn't been ill just before I went I had intended to have write timed posts that would update in my absence. But unfortunately, I was way too ill to think about doing that.

Learn to love social media especially if you want to attract a younger audience to your work.





No comments:

Post a Comment