Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Monday 10 January 2011

' I DON"T WANNA GET UP YET '

Waking up is never easy to do! That was me this morning. The more I thought about getting up, the more I pulled the duvet over my head in denial of waking up. I knew that I had a very full day ahead of me and I think my subconscious thought it would be much better for me if I slept for the entire day. After several failed attempts I finally dragged myself out of my bed only to jump back in it for another hour. I did manage it eventually, a shower, a strong coffee and bagel later (how cosmopolitan am I?) I was in the newly fixed Mini and heading towards town.
Today was all about the Launch party, I took the invites to the printers and sorted the advert in the paper. Then to Poole to pick up some more ceramics and another glass piece from Rob Marshall.
I have started to look into the refreshments side of things for the opening and I am happy to report that it doesn't look like it's going to break the bank. I am sure that there are going to be lots of thirsty people so several bottles of wine will be needed. I am now thinking about canapes which I will probably make myself as I am quite good at that kind of thing. If anyone else feels like helping me out I won't say no.
Matt has started on the front doors and I think he will be putting them in place tomorrow after he has Fort Knoxed them. Bring on that big ole bunch of keys. 
I'm going to spend the day at the gallery tomorrow putting the work out and seeing what looks good where. I'll take my new video camera with me and try and share it with you all in my blog.
Until then.......

No comments:

Post a Comment