Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Monday 31 January 2011

What Have You Done Today To Make You Feel Proud?

A very wrong picture!
I have spent the day with hot knees and cold fingers. I'm going to have to look into my under the desk heating as it does not seem to be warming me up sufficiently. I met an acquaintance yesterday who runs an antique jewellery store in Swanage, he insisted that I try his gloves on. I know you're probably thinking what a random request. Needless to say, so did I, but he was insistent so I obliged. They were heated and ran on 9 volt batteries. If I thought I could successfully wield a scalpel, pencil or pen in them I may well have demanded the suppliers details. As it was my fingers were fatter that fat sausages and I could barely make a fist. So if there are any budding inventors out there...........
It is hard to spend days waiting for gallery visitors, or is it? Today was the first day that I actually took advantage of the fact that I have a studio. I've produced 12 prints, monoprints, drypoints and I have made a collagraph plate that will need varnishing. I have been developing an idea that I have for a fairly big piece of work. I'm quite excited as it is quite a departure from my usual way of working. You'll have to wait and see what happens as will I.
I should clarify that was what I did today that made me feel proud. If you watch Miranda on television the title of this blog should make you smile.
I am all about gallery promotion at the moment hence the ever growing blog. This seems to be a far more immediate way to publicize what's currently happening at the gallery. I'm in the middle of thinking about a themed show that I would like to take place later on this year.
I'm off to see Andrew Piesley tomorrow to discuss his solo exhibition and start to select the work that he might want to show. How exciting!
It has been a very quiet day I've had five visitors, yes just five. Good job that I have other things to keep me occupied.
Feel free to pop in anytime.

1 comment:

  1. Ewww very odd picture Sharon. I just wanted to mention that I noticed when watching Miranda I became more like her each episode. Its probably a good job it keep missing it then (looks a camera and smiles ironically)lots of love sent down your way from Clair xxx

    ReplyDelete