Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Hanging With The Caros

Well it is slightly surreal being sat here waiting for the Caros to arrive. I was here bright and early making sure that I have cleaned everything within an inch of its actual life. All my friends are teasing me that the gallery is shrinking because I keep repainting the walls. If they saw how much sanding takes place they would know that it isn't true.
I'm writing pre the hang as I'm not sure I'll get time later. I have to say that I am nervous. It's such a big deal.
I got to spend yesterday afternoon in the sun. It was impressively hot and I went for a suitably long walk. By my reckoning it was about 3 miles, but I have to admit that I am so very lucky living here, within minutes you are out of town and on a coastal path.
However, I am going to resist the temptation to poorly render it in some artistic way. I understand how inspirational it is but I know even with my skills base I can't compete with the real thing. So I am not going to try.
It seems that the weather decider has been listening to all of entreaties and has decided to respond favourably. I hope that if you are able to at all to get out in to the glorious sunshine that you seize the opportunity as it does not happen very often.
Well, I have to go as the work has arrived. So catch you later.


No comments:

Post a Comment