Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Saturday 26 May 2012

Sheila Girling Today At The Gallery


The day is here... my nerves have all but gone and now the excitement has kicked in. I cannot wait to get the PV underway. I have done all the cleaning that I intend to do and now I am going to spend an hour on the beach and then home to get ready and then bring on the madness.
I think that it is going to be very busy.
I have a few observations.

1. Blue Tack is a gallery owners best friend.
2. Dust is very dusty.
3. Some people are just idiots.
4. Great art sells itself.
5. I don't care if it doesn't match your wallpaper as long as you buy it.
6. Do not tell me you can afford it and then not buy it.
7. The most talented artists are humble about their achievements.
8. If the sign says open and the lights are on I am open.
9. If it is too sunny people will opt for the beach instead of culture.
10. Window smudgers are here to stay FOREVER!!!

I wish all the participants of Purbeck Arts Weeks Festivals a very successful fortnight. May you have many sales and visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment