Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Purbeck Collective Winter Exhibition 2012

Julie Winsor
I am waging a war....admittedly it is against my own immune system. I am sure that I join the legions of others battling with seasonal illnesses. Get well soon people, after all 'tis the season to be jolly' not snotty!
Another show comes down in preparation for the next one. The last show at the gallery for 2012 and it promises to be packed with a diverse range of works to suit all tastes and pockets.
So feel free to join us on Saturday for mulled wine and mince pies from 6.00 onwards. Bring plenty of cash as you might find that unique gift that you have been searching for in past weeks.
So my second year at the gallery is almost at an end and I have to say I cannot actually believe how quickly it has gone. I have not made you smile with any gallery related observations for a while so here are some of my best for 2012.


  1. If you are not going to buy anything it does not make me feel any better if you make out that you might.
  2. Work ready to be hung? Guess what it actually means ready to be hung, strung, clipped however you want to do it but ready please. The work, not the producer of the work!
  3. The saying 'if you pay peanuts you get monkeys'. I am no-ones monkey!
  4. Contrary to popular belief I can't afford to work for nothing. My bank manager takes a very dim view of my trying to deposit 'kind words and thank you emails'. Cold hard cash please!
  5. It's ok to say 'hello' back it won't mean you have to buy something. I promise.
  6. Do you really want my honest opinion? Or do you want me to say nice things? You need to decide this before you ask.
  7. Does it matter where I was educated? If yes, why?
  8. When does 'you missed a bit or you can come round and do mine' grow old? No seriously, I really need to know.
  9. How many times a day do you think it is necessary to say 'Mrs James, you mean my dead grandmother are you a medium?' Before the cold calling stops....dead!
  10. Is it wrong to kill off my 'business partner' and bury them under a pile of out of date Evolver magazines?
Just the 10 for you as that seems a good point at which to stop. The stunning image featured in todays blog belongs to the very talented Julie Winsor. I think they look amazing and if you want to see them in the flesh you know what to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment