Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Tuesday 16 July 2013

14 Galleries In Swanage! Fact Not Fiction!

My Rough Draft

Well the artist statement blog was popular. I hope that it has paved the way for some great statement writing.
I have been having a really long think about what I can share with you next but I think I may have covered the majority of themes already.
So today I am going to tell you that there are 14 Galleries in Swanage. Yes, you read that right 14. That means we virtually have 3 galleries for every one that is Bournemouth. I am talking solely about the town centre. I know that the satellite towns have a few each.

I am in the process of designing a map that can be used to navigate your way to every venue. My aim is to get thousands printed and get them sent to Tourist Information Centres and also the local hotels and B&Bs.

I hope that it will work in the same way that the map in the PAw and DAW brochures works. I also hope that it will provide a free activity for people to do should the sun not be out. (not a problem at the moment).

I have mentioned the 14 galleries but what I have not mentioned is the that there are at least 5 more venues that show the work of local artists. That really isn't bad going for little old Swanage.

I am starting to put together a package for schools to get them creating great art at a low cost. I have to expand to create some more opportunities for myself. The gallery is ticking over but I could do with some teaching to keep my hand in.

As I said before, if you can think of something that you would like to help you out with then all you have to do is ask. I like to write blogs that help artists out.

No comments:

Post a Comment