Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Publicity...Get It Anywhere You Can!

I lied, here it is again.

If you want people to know about you that is of course. I have tell you that you cannot under estimate the power of publicity. I went for a blood test this morning and the nurse asked what I did, and before I could answer she said 'I know what you do, you own a gallery, I saw you in the paper'.

I have just had to remind artists that in order to get people to their exhibitions that they need to get out there and spread the word.

What's that you say? Isn't it obvious that they should self promote? You would have thought so but not everybody does. You need to spread the word via every possible means. Put it on your website, your Facebook page ask your friends to 'share' it., Tweet it, blog about it. Get an ad in your local paper or contact them on the off chance that they could help to publicise your exhibition. Try contacting Art publications, some can put you in their listings for free. Contact people who have bought your work in the past. See if art shops will put a poster up, or display your postcards.

There are many ways to make sure people now about your exhibition but it takes time. It will pay off in the long run. The more people who see your work the wider the word will spread.

In attempt to get his fantastic new show noticed I will now tell you that Jim Hunters new exhibition is up and running. It is fantastically strong. You should definitely get along to see it.

Jim Hunter


No comments:

Post a Comment