Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Monday 1 August 2011

I Just Can't Get It Out Of My Head!

That's how an empty gallery makes you feel!

I have to tell you that if you didn't come and see the fireworks on Saturday night you missed an absolute treat. They were great and they seemed to last forever. I am a big kid when it comes to fireworks I really love them.
If the thought of traffic put you off on Saturday they do a midweek fireworks show during Carnival Week.
I opened on Sunday and I have to tell you that there wasn't much point in that as I had no one through the door. Much like today really, the gallery has been open since 10am and only two people have been in.
On a more positive note it would seem that Purbeck Art Weeks are upping their game and I am convinced that next year it will be on everyones list of things they must definitely try to attend. I am very excited about being involved but I can't say too much about it as things are still in the developmental stage.
I have got a whole lot of work to get on and do as I have been spending far too long doing all my choredom. I am feeling that I have not been flexing my creative muscles as often as I could have been recently. I do suffer from withdrawals.
I have imaginings in my head of a large scale painting I think about it every night before I go to sleep. I think the time has come to remove it from my head and out into the world. But as Morrissey said, 'These things take time'.
My friend Lisa won the 10 points for correctly guessing Radiohead.

No comments:

Post a Comment