Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Sorry


I have an apology to make to all the people who generously donated work for the Japan Charity Auction. I am very sorry that it hasn't happened yet. I have been snowed under with the day to day running of the gallery and managing shows. With absolutely no gaps in between. I plan to have a charity auction in November. It will be in aid of the Red Cross who are still working in Japan and in Africa with the victims of the famine. I hope to be able to put the publicity out very soon. So please be assured that all donated work is stored safely and will be sent to new homes before too long.
I have just heard a rumour that a gallery has bought the premises next door to me. This does not fill me with joy. I am all for more art in Swanage but I don't like the idea of such direct competition. Let's hope that it is just a rumour. 
I have spent the morning selecting some pieces from the artist Jan Dagley at the Boilerhouse Gallery in Corfe. If you haven't paid it a visit you should. It's a little off the beaten track but is home to some really good art and crafts.  So if you haven't already try and pay it a visit.
I have got some great work lined up for the Colour Open show but I have to tell you that there is a lot of work to be done before I can put it up.
The current show has meant that numerous holes have been made which will need to be filled and sanded the repainted. Oh the joy!
When I have a bit more time I will let you know about what I have planned for next year. There are loads of opportunities to get involved.
Now I must get on and finish some more of my list of things to do which now seeming to have a life of its own. Growing regardless of whether I cross things off or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment