Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Buy or Not Buy There Is No Try!


Fran Donovan

My blog won't let people post comments. I am annoyed at that as I love it when people do. The weekend was a busy one buy alas no sales.

I have to tell you about a strange phenomena
 that seems to plaguing my existence as a gallery owner. I know I have spoken before about people who enjoy the squirming and wriggling that galleries do to get a sale. It seems that there could be a new breed of people who enjoy making the gallery owners do 'the sales pitch'. Who have no actual intention of buying anything. Why do they lead you into this horrible situation?

If you don't want to buy it, you really don't have to. It won't be held against you as long as you don't spend excessive amounts of time wanting to discuss your indecision between one thing or another. Then leaving empty handed. Do not misunderstand me, part of my role is to discuss the work on show with any interested parties. I am more than happy to do that.

Please don't tell me you are definitely going to buy something and it is simply a matter of choosing which one. If that isn't true. It seems to be happening a lot recently. I understand times are tough and spending any sum of money should be carefully considered.

It is difficult being a business owner sometimes because you have to be strict about things and like most people I like to back down and roll over fairly easily. Fear of confrontation they call that.

There are some good things going on that you can get involved with should you be so inclined.


No comments:

Post a Comment