Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Please Click On Blog and Read, I Am 33 Page Views Away From 80,000! I Wrote Some Interesting Stuff Too!

I prefer drawing to talking. Drawing is faster, and leaves less room for lies.
Le Corbusier 



I love it when I have an idea that in it's conception is easy peasey but in it's production has reduced me to abandoning the computer playing loud music and staring at the door. Daring someone to come in when my music is up really loud. Why am I surprised that when they do and I jump out of my skin when they break my post computer reverie? Who knows?

I have been exploring some drawing ideas over the past few days. If I suffer from any kind of creative block, for me it is quite literally back to the drawing board. I know it has been said that the more you do the more you feel like doing. It is quite something when you experience it first hand so to speak. My muse can get up and go. Usually as a result of far too much admin on the computer.

Drawing the same thing repeatedly has a strange effect on me. I start off all tight, I then loosen up a bit, then I loosen up a lot. Then I get experimental, that's generally my process. I spent an hour writing about a cat skull as a drawing then I painted over it and it will never be read. I then intend to draw on it. I have always liked the idea of something hidden within my work there generally is something. Now I am thinking about how to exploit this in my work. This has all arisen from drawing solidly for about 3 hours.

I have another even more conceptual idea but I am saving that for another day until I have trialled it.

I had another marked assignment back from Facebook today. The Studio page had the politically correct green (positive) comments on it but the Gallery page did not fare as well. It was red on all counts. Should I worry about it? Only an idiot doesn't engage with feedback be it positive or negative.
So I have decided to close the gallery so I can give my Facebook Gallery page 100% attention so that I can see the gratifying green from now on.
You can catch all the exhibitions on line from now on and I can work from the comfort of my bed. Do I have to state the obvious? Just kidding!

Everybody has already decked the halls etc. You know how much I love Christmas? Not! I am going to have to retrieve the tree from the loft and assemble it and then decorate it so as not to be too 'Bah Humbug!' about it. But it's for kids right? I am however going to hold with tradition and put it up on the 1st of December.

No comments:

Post a Comment