Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Thursday 5 December 2013

I Ask Myself The Same Thing Daily!


This is a screen shot from my phone of an email that I actually received. I wish I knew the answer but the truth is we are in a recession and as much as people love the work exhibited they need to keep hold of their cash.

Another truth, is that Joe Wheatley whoever the hell he is doesn't have an answer either. Why pose the question Joe.? His solution to my struggle is that I should purchase computer equipment from his company.
How wrong can a person be? As I do not in fact need any computer equipment surely that means that I would be spending money I don't have on something I don't need. I might be wrong but I think that this might in fact have the reverse effect and make my struggle worse. 

He could ease my struggle by coming to the gallery and purchasing a job lot of art from me, thus making his life more colourful and my bank account less colourful and get back to the monochromatic tones that I have only the dimmest of memories of.

Ho Hum!

On a much more positive note, the Purbeck Journal Exhibition is up and I have to say I am really pleased with it. There were a few hairy moments. I think if you get work framed for an exhibition you should pay the framer until it is hung in the gallery/exhibition. If I didn't have Chris at Sansom over the road, goodness only knows how I would survive hanging exhibitions.

Strung too loose, not strung at all, strung too high, strung upside down, cheap string that stays as taught as a rubber band. I am not joking, I wish I was. It all adds to my already greying hair.

If you fancy a look at this show and a nice warming glass of mulled wine and a mince pie then join us on Saturday evening at 6.00. I hope to see you there!



2 comments:

  1. Email Joe back about his business struggling without a job lot of artwork

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to do just that, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete