Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Monday 6 June 2011

Do You Want To Hang Out With Me?


I better make this a quickie as I am absolutely snowed under with work. My list of things to do has reached an all time high. I am obviously enjoying a period of efficiency. I will bask in the glory of that as it does not happen very often.
All I can say is that I have been absolutely overwhelmed by the quality of the work that has been submitted for the Abstract Open exhibition. It is brilliant. The show is half hung and looking great. What is funny is that lots of artists are working in an abstract way using blue as the dominant colour. How apt for a coastal show.
The eclectic nature of the show will ensure that there is something for everybody. I really mean that. I am very excited about the opening of this particular show on Saturday.
The Private View will be from 6.30 - 8.30 and it is open to anyone that can make the journey over to Swanage. There will be drinks and canapes so please do try and and make it if you can.
I have spent the day chatting to all the artists who have submitted work and also plotting the exhibitions that could take place next year.
If you are sat reading this and thinking that you might want to have an exhibition at the gallery next year, can I urge you to make contact and start discussing it with me. Sooner rather than later. Also I would welcome group shows and would be happy to get involved with the selection process. Just let me know.
On the website I have now put the gallery hire prices so it should be easy for you to see what you get for your money. I have tried to make it as straightforward as possible.
Here's a link so that you can have a sneaky peek. www.lartishe.co.uk
If you click on the menu button you will see gallery hire rates.
I am back at the gallery tomorrow to get the rest of the show hung. I hope that I can get more people interested by telling you that I will be part of this exhibition. I am going to put at least 4 pieces into this show. So you will need to look out for anything signed S.James.
This is a late blog so I am going to sign off now so that I can eat my dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment