Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Friday 3 June 2011

“Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things.” Ray Bradbury


If only I could bottle my current level of productivity and casually swig from it in those moments of creative famine. I am just really enjoying the opportunity to produce work on a daily basis. I have more good news. I have made another sale today. I have been very lucky with this show as Jims' work has looked awesome in the gallery and there are people that have truly appreciated the quality of work on exhibit.
I have to say that whilst I might be moaning to anyone who will listen about the fact that I am stuck inside on one of the hottest days of the year so far. I will readily admit that I have had far less rewarding jobs that have kept me inside offices/classrooms with someone breathing down my neck wanting some form of mundane paperwork or other, yesterday!
Not knocking the teaching loved that bit always will, but the ever increasing amounts of paperwork that no-one ever really reads was without a doubt tedious in the extreme.
Last night I read through my recent blog posts and I have totally been promoting PAW at every available opportunity. So why stop now is what I saw.
There are just two days left to get over here and have a cultural treat. It has been an absolute pleasure being involved in a small way.
I have decided that I have really earned a lunch break this week. So as it is nice and sunny I am going to close for a lunch hour and enjoy some of this sunshine.
I hope that you all have something exciting planned for the weekend! Feel free not to tell me as I don't want to be any more envious than I have been all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment